Ortis is a family business owned and managed by the 2nd generation.
The company markets natural health-promoting products, based mainly on botanicals; and which are primarily sold in pharmacies, health and organic shops and drugstores in 20+ mainly European markets.
Historically, Ortis has chosen to integrate its processes vertically as much as possible, to ensure full control of the quality of its products: Marketing, R&D, Manufacturing, Quality Control & Laboratories and Sales.
For many years, ‘Ortisians’ (this is how Ortis’s 130 staff members define themselves) have employed a strong culture system, in which our values of integrity, respect, creativity and positive thinking are used as a filter for making day-to-day decisions. Besides fulfilling the end-user’s needs in terms of efficacy, all Ortis products are developed, manufactured and controlled with an obsessional focus on end-users’ safety and satisfaction. That is something we never compromise on.
Inspired by its bi-cultural (German-Belgian) roots, Ortis is wide open to other ways of thinking. The company HQs are based in Elsenborn, in the German-speaking part of Belgium, right in the middle of a transnational Natural Park.
The family is now recruiting a CEO from outside of the family.
She/he will report to a newly-implemented Board of Directors, which consists of independent board members and selected family members.
To maintain our strong notoriety and to develop the company, we are now looking for our future (f/m).
- In close cooperation with the Board of Directors, you are responsible for leading the development and for executing the long-term strategy with a view to creating shareholder value.
- You act as a true leader, inspire and develop your teams. You are the guardian of the company’s success, based on its client orientation and its values.
- You lead a management team composed of the key managers (Commercial/Marketing, CFO, Manufacturing, R&D, Supply Chain, Human Resources). You ensure that the changes required for the strategy are implemented and at the same time you maintain a high level of operational efficiency within all departments.
- You are a strong communicator and provide continuous qualitative information to all stakeholders (employees, shareholders, Board, government authorities, public, ...)
- You have proven experience as a CEO in medium-sized family businesses with international reach, or as a Business Unit Manager/Sales Director within large international companies.
Preferably, you have worked in FMCG, OTC, Nutraceuticals; and have good experience in online sales.
- You have a strong multicultural and multilingual (French, German, Flemish, English) background.
- You have strong commercial experience (sales and marketing).
- Your personality matches our DNA: you are open, empathic, efficient, down-to-earth, diplomatic and resilient.
- The company’s success and notoriety.
- Meaningful products.
- Strong human values.
- The support of an experienced Board.
- Opportunities for growth.
- A dynamic team with motivated colleagues.
We would be happy to receive your application and to discuss a possible collaboration with you.